To join the OSPN chapter:
- Sign into the SPN website with your username and password
- Click on My Profile, which is located on the bottom left-hand side
- Click on “Edit” and select “Update Your Profile”
- Click on the tab at the top titled “Chapter Membership”
- From there you can update your membership and join a chapter.
New SPN Members
A new member to the organization can join SPN and one of its local chapters simultaneously. Their national and chapter membership will be synchronized to renew at the same time.
SPN Members (not previously chapter members)
An active member who is not up for renewal can join a chapter for a prorated fee, set up to expire with his or her current national membership. This will synchronize the two memberships for the next renewal period.
Note: This option is available only to SPN members in good standing.
SPN Members (currently chapter members)
Current chapter members (who are also national members) are strongly encouraged to update their chapter membership through the SPN National Office as soon as the dues collection is transferred. Once a member joins through the National Office, their current chapter president will reimburse the member for any overlapping membership fees. Chapter dues for all chapters and member types are $21.00.
Note: All dues, National and Chapter, are collected by the national office. The chapters receive quarterly reimbursements from the Society of Pediatric Nurses (SPN) national office.